Installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview in VMware Fusion4
Windows 8 Consumer Preview Build was released last week and became available for download by anyone interested. So like other Windows 8 enthusiasts I gave it a try – installing it in VMWare fusion4 on my Macbook (I installed Windows8 Developer Preview Build in my Macbook as well when it came out last year). To be honest, it is not so excited only to install it on standard laptop PC. Let’s wait for the one installed on some touchscreen computer to come out.
[Watch Out] For this time of Consumer Preview Build, it’s not available on tablets. The preview of Windows 8 will only work on PCs and laptops based on standard Intel Corp x86 chips.
- Host OS: Mac OS X Lion
- H/W: 2.7GHz Dual Core, 8GB MEM, 500GB SATA@ 5400 rpm
- Resource Assigned to VM (VMWare Fusion4): 1GB Mem, Max 60GB
What I got for the installation
- ISO for Windows 8 CP
- Product Key ( listed on the Windows 8 ISO download page)
Installation Procedure Memo
- Choose ISO: VMWare Fusion File > New > Continue with disk > Use operating system installation disk or image
- Choose Operating System: Operating System: Microsoft Windows, Version: Windows 7 x64
- Installation Type: Custom: Install Windows Only(Advanced)
Useful Links for Windows 8 CP
Enjoy Windows 8 CP!
No related posts.
Posted in: Random Topics