BIOS Setup to Run Hyper-V on Dell T5400
If the following alert dialog message comes up while you’re running Hyper-V, you probably need to make some BIOS setting for virtualization.
The virtual machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running. The following actions may help you resolve the problem:
1) Verify that the processor of the physical computer has a supported version of hardware-assisted virtualization.
2) Verify that hardware-assisted virtualization and hardware-assisted data execution protection are enabled in the BIOS of the physical computer. (If you edit the BIOS to enable either setting, you must turn off the power to the physical computer and then turn it back on. Restarting the physical computer is not sufficient.)
3) If you have made changes to the Boot Configuration Data store, review these changes to ensure that the hypervisor is configured to launch automatically.
In the case of Dell Precision T5400, the following 3 BIOS settings change need to be done:
- Security – Execute Disable: On
- Performance – Virtualization: On
- Performance – VT for Direct I/O Access: On
After the BIOS setup made, just choose “Save & Exit” in order to reflect the changes. Then try it again. you will be able to connect & start your Hyper-V Virtual Machine. Enjoy Hyper-V!
Environment Info: Hyper-V/Windows 2008 Server RC2 Enterprise/Dell Precision T5400
No related posts.
Posted in: Environment Setup
Leave a comment